We feel there has never been a more relevant time to reassess our choices and personal impact on the environment
The British grown and manufactured choices we make in our skincare range reflect our personal desire to do all we can to mitigate the impact creating skincare has on the planet whilst also creating products of exceptional freshness, quality, and beauty.
The key elements to our choices for the environment are:
- Reducing our carbon footprint by reducing the process of extensive travel, of exotic ingredients and of packaging and other supplies by using British grown and manufactured ingredients and Products.
- By supporting companies who share our values for the environment and offer options and efficiencies that make a difference to our environment
- Our Irish linen face cloths and body cloths are created in a water-saving traditional process of field flax to fabric, in Ireland. Cotton and other fabrics are grown, heavily processed, and transported halfway across the world to reach us.
- Locally Farmed sustainable hay packaging means our mail order packing is super low mileage and biodegradable.
- British manufactured recycled gift boxes contribute to a sustainable and recyclable option for your gifts.
- We have optional closures on our packaging to prevent overuse of some less recyclable components, such as pipettes and pumps.
- We partner with farmers who appreciate and value the wildlife of their land, our specialist oil farmers are also involved in beekeeping and so produce systems of farming that support bees and so other insect life in the primary food chain.
- Our rapeseed oil producer uses garlic as a form of a natural pesticide in order not to destroy the biodiversity through damaging chemical choices.
- We label with light where we can in our etched bottles to reduce the impact of excessive label printing and waste and to allow the development of refill options and the efficiency of reuse and larger sizes.
- We have been supporters of the charity Plantlife for over 10 years supporting them annually in their challenge of protecting and preserving British wild plants and their habitats.
All these elements of our business mean we are actively seeking to do less harm and in turn, we hope with lots of small things to support the very things we hold dear. The countryside, wildlife, plants, and our Planet.
There is still much more we can do and want to do, and intend to continually evaluate things we can improve upon in our effort to make an environmentally conscious business for you and us